Monday, June 16, 2008

MERCY ME!

One summer,my parents took my brother, Chris and me, on a trip out west, to see my sister. I remember being in a restaurant, where the waitress seemed grumpy and disatisfied with everything we asked of her.In fact, her whole demeanor was rude.....
I was already to get up and leave because she was so rude, when Mother reminded me to be merciful to her.........Merciful? Yep! Mama reminded me that she might have just lost someone in her family,or even her very job that day, and that I didn't know what her troubles were.....Ouch!
I didn't know why she was acting the way she was, and did not need to be her judge.
Mama knew how to get my attention too!
If you think about it, we come across people all the time who respond that way to us, and we need to be careful not to judge them. Jesus thought mercy was so important, that He told us:"blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." I don't know about you, but I love for folks to be merciful with me. The next time you come across someone who "yanks your chain," try giving them a compliment.......show them some of God's mercy, and watch the change take place right before your eyes!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home