Sunday, June 15, 2008

RICH INHERITANCE

The day before Grandmother Bouterse died,I came into her bedroom,(because now she was living with us)and took her hand,and said"I'm here Grandmother.I love you." She squeezed my hand and shortly thereafter, she went Home to be with her precious Lord and Mama!
I'm pretty sure she was waiting on me to arrive home from school that day, to say "goodbye."
It was my duty to pick out the dress for her to wear in the casket, along with her earbobs. I bought her 6 pink sweetheart roses for her to hold......
That was one of the very hardest funerals for this girl to have to go through,folks!
She was my mainstay growing up, and I was having to let her go.I was gonna miss her something fierce, but I knew that I would see her again.....How did I know?
You don't spend your entire life,up to that point,with someone, who eats and breathes Jesus Christ, and His promises, and not have it sink in! ...........Boy, did it ever sink in,folks!
Oh, what a treasure she left me. How many times we talked about John 14, and read that scripture, where I knew without a doubt, that if Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for me(us), and that He was gonna come back one day, and take me back Home with Him.....just so I could be with Him!!! Woo Hoo!
Now, if Grandmother left me with only those words in my life.I'd say I have a pretty rich inheritance,wouldn't you?Infact,I'd say they are a great way of saying I really,really love you!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home