Sunday, June 08, 2008

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL!

When I was a little girl,we had a grocery store in downtown Mount Dora, called "Mosteller's".
I loved to go in and visit with Hale,who was the butcher, and spend time with Rose, who worked as a cashier. One day, that stands out in my memory,though, wasn't a very pleasant one,though! It was my first criminal act at the age of 6! My mother found me walking out of the grocery store carrying 6 pieces of Double Bubble Bubble Gum,all wadded up into my hand. (I guess I was trying to hide them!)It wasn't a laughing matter when Bettye Ray got a hold of me either! She marched my little "bohonkus" right back into Mostellar's and made me tell them what I had done;apologize to them, and make restitution with all of my 35cents! I then had to give the gum back, and apologize again! I was so embarassed and humiliated! However, my life of crime came to an end,right then and there!!!
Because I had parents who cared!
I have never forgotten that lesson either!
God doesn't want us to steal His first fruits from Him, either.
If it's your talents,don't steal that from Him......Use your talents and Glorify Him!
If it's your money,don't steal that from Him either! When you hold back what you know you should give, you are stealing what is due Him.....How sad!
Our first fruits always belong to God, and only Him! Nobody is gonna march you back up to God and make you return it and apologize, like my Mother did me, but you will certainly miss out on His richest blessings when you do give to Him your best first fruits!
We have a parent who cares!
We have a lesson that we can learn from this!
Let's give Him our First and Best & Glorify Him!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home