Tuesday, June 03, 2008

DADDY!

As far back as I can remember,I was my Daddy's little girl......
On Saturday morning's, we would get up;eat our Cheerio's together, along with Miss Wisconsin Cheese, and a glass of whole milk and ofcourse a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.
Then,Daddy would lift me up into his old black Ford "pickem-up truck;model somewhere in the early '50's. We would then travel to all his construction sites, with me sitting in his lap, so I could help drive, and see what all the men had done that week.Oh did I ever love that.Occassionally,if some of the men were working,(which back then, they still did on Saturday!) they would allow me to plaster or slab some concrete on something.That's probably why Daddy's houses were always built so well! (My personal touch) :p)
I would go around most of the morning with him, until it was time for me to come home and finish watching Sky King on TV! Daddy was a sweetheart, and when he died, at the age of 90, in 2000,I still had not had him in my life long enough!
There are some things a girl never gets over, and one of those things is the love of her Daddy.....
We have also been given a Heavenly Daddy too.
This Heavenly Daddy was in the delivery room with me, and has never left me.We go on jobs together too, and although He didn't let me sit on His lap, when he drove with me on those jobs,He has taken me down a path of righteousness that I deeply love. He has enable me to do so many things, as I travel around with Him. Now when it's time for Him to pick me up and take me back Home with Him,I will be all ready to go. I got to watch Sky King here on earth, and in Heaven,I get to be with the SKY KING of all!!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home