Monday, June 23, 2008

COOL!


This was cool today! I was able to visit our satellite church.....
Community Bible Church/Aiken, while I was in Aiken, this weekend, and then I decided to stay for the fish fry they were having in the afternoon. They announced that they were having the pastor from the Beaufort church come speak that night....
Pastor Carl Broggi.
Woo Hoo! Did I ever change my plans to drive home after church that day! I decided to take Edie and May(who is 92), with me,to hear him. What a surprise to walk in a see Jo, from Beaufort, with her Texas Sheet Cake! (...and it was delish too!)
It doesn't get any better than this on the Lord's day, to be in another town,in the Lord's house, and to get to hear Pastor Carl give us God's word. (in 45 minutes!)
One of the CBC/Aiken ladies, told Edie,that she understood why I loved my former church as much as I did,because it was built on the word of God too....... and then Edie and May,both said the same thing, after hearing Pastor Carl, and hearing what CBC stands for.
Sure,there are differences.
There always are in the body.......
You can bet it won't have anything to do with" The Main Thing," though......
We both a have a Savior,named Jesus Christ, who gave us the gift of Salvation!
That's a pretty good common denominator,if you ask me!
Becky




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home