Monday, August 13, 2007

IT IS FUNNY


I am turning into my Grandmother!
It is so funny......
As a little girl,I remember her always picking up pins and then securing them onto her dress somewhere.I always thought that was so funny. What really made me chuckle though, was , everytime I turned around, she was picking up a piece of thread from the floor, or off of someone's blouse.....
And I'm doing the same thing now!
I can't believe it!
This dear sweet lady did so many sweet things, that I can remember, that I would also like to do, such as having a pure heart; having a loving heart for God;never ending faith;no fear of death;delightful smile.....
Let's just say, that she taught me so many things, that I didn't even know I was learning.She taught me to embroider;sew; cook and make my Guava Jelly;play Dominoes & Scrabble; learn & memorize most of the scripture verses I know; My love for John 14, and the deep faith I have of it, and my Lord, was established through her!
She was a quaint little Dutch lady, married to a retired traveling Baptist preacher.She could take her teeth out at night, and I thought that was really cool. She loved the color blue and she smiled alot.
I've never known anyone who loved the Lord, as much as she did!
Now, why can't I have those traits, instead of picking up pins and thread?
Becky


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home