Saturday, August 11, 2007

MY LOVE


I think I've realized something pretty important about myself,today.......
Most of you know, that I lost a son, in 1995.....(12 years ago)and since that time,God has positioned me, where I am able to invite other mom's to my beach house, for a weekend of healing and fellowship.
This is what I discovered about myself today.....
I was attending a funeral, when the lady behind me in line, discovered through a brief conversation, that I had lost a child.She sadly remarked that she had lost a son this past year......
I knew,immediately, who had orchestrated that little meeting. If we make ourselves available, God will use us.....all the time!
She needed someone who had already gone down that road, and could offer some hope.
This is the neat part,folks!
I automatically invited her to the beach house, but in my mind,I knew that long before I was ever born, God would need somebody for just,such a"Mom's" mission. Someone who had a strong faith from childhood! ...Someone who had a Grandmother that instilled in her a strong and stable faith, built on the word of God and His promises.
God would need someone who had endured heartache, and physical setbacks as well. Having had Epilepsy since I was 5,I guess that made me a good candidate!Add to that the heartache of my parent's divorce after 40 years of marriage;my sister's death at age 56; David's massive heart attack;my brain hemorrage; the temporary removal of one son from our home, and the death of our oldest son. I'd say He was equipting me quite well!
He needed someone who was grounded in the word,too. He knew I had heard the word as a young child...
He knew the child recognized the word again at NCPC.
He knew the adult feeds on it at CBC, and loves it!
The sheep recognizes the Shepherd, when they hear His voice, and I do love His voice......
Yes! He needed someone who could reach out to these mom's and give them hope, but not lose sight as to where the real hope comes from.
He created me, the way He knew I would become, and I think it pleases Him, to see the fruit it is producing.
I don't always do what I am suppose to do, but my heart is there, and so are these wonderful mom's, and friends, so that's where my love is too!Twelve years ago,I never in a million years would have thought anything so beautiful could have come from such a tragedy, but He has taken this "stinging nettle" time in my life and produced a "bouquet of beautiful flowers".
What a mighty God we serve!
Becky














































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home