Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE WRONG WAY

There was a girl at Curves, today, who had on a sweatshirt, with the letters USCG printed on the front. For the life of me, I tried to think where a campus was for the University of South Carolina, that was located in a town, starting with a "G". It wasn't until I looked at the rest of her shirt, and saw that it said "United States Coast Guard", that I fully understood!I had just read part of what was there, and not all of it, and I didn't understand the meaning at all!
It's the same way, in our understanding of God's word, too. If we just read it, but don't understand what we have read, then what have we gained?"Study to show yourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of God", we are told, but many people will even take scripture like this out of context, and study just parts of the scripture to prove their point, when if they truly understood what God's word meant, or what it referred to in that scripture, then they couldn't possibly do so!
In this case, if we study to show ourselves approved, we won't rightly divide the word of God, the wrong way!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home