Sunday, February 13, 2011

THE WORD OF GOD

Early in my marriage, I became so disenchanted with my my David, because of his heavy drinking, and because he didn't seem to be the man I thought I had married. My feelings told me that I could do better, and that I could do better.
About the same time, I sat under the teaching of Dan Deaton at New Covenant in Aiken, where I heard God's word for the first time, and what He said, concerning marriage.
Knocked my socks off real good too!
God spoke to my heart and let me know in no uncertain terms, that I was to stay with David, and He would take care of me! My feelings went out the window, and I have never been sorry one day!
David stopped drinking in 1983, and God blessed me with thirty seven wonderful(albeit bumpy sometimes) years.
God wants us all to understand that we cannot count on our feelings as a sound measure, because they don't last, but to count only on the word of God, because it will last forever!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home