Monday, February 07, 2011

MY FUNNY VALENTINE

I thought since it was close to Valentine's Day, that I would tell you about something dear that happened at Christmas time, while I was in Aiken.
I went to my former church with Kay for the Christmas Eve service, and one of the young men speaking during part of the service, was the grandson of a friend of mine, whose son had been killed while I lived in Aiken. The grandparents brought their grandson up in the fear and admonition of the Lord, and now he was in front of me speaking on how God had continued to uphold him as He has always upheld His children in days of old! I thought of how proud his Father would be to see his son growing up to love the Lord so much! After he sat down, a quartet stood up to sing and two of the ladies singing were a Mother/daughter team. Now, mind you, the last time I saw the daughter, she was twelve, and she was now twenty and could sing like a nightingale! She and her Mother were both singing to the glory of God and it did my heart good to hear them. It was wonderful to spend Christmas Eve in a church that still proclaims the word of God, and it felt good to be so welcomed back home, but that's the way it is when you are home in the body of Christ, isn't it?
This is a sweet Valentines at Christmas! The love of Christ that decorated our tree just for you and me!.....My! My! My!
That night, my daughter was with her husband's family, and my son was with his family, so I knew that since my sweetheart was in Heaven, the next best place was for me to be with my church family!
I can be content in Beaufort, and I can change and be content in Aiken !
I can be content because the body of Christ is founded on the word of God, and that never changes!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home