Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PLYMOUTH ROAD KING

****I am leaving for Edisto this morning and will be gone through the weekend.
Be back on the computer on Monday.~~~~Bec



When I was in high school, my Daddy found an old 1940 Plymouth Road King for $150.00, and brought it home for me in my junior year! "Sir Frances Wallace" as I dubbed "her", had the original coat of paint and the original tires on her, and I adored her!
I picked up Warren( "Wah"); Robert; and Tara, and faithfully took them to school every morning too. Frances had some funny quirks about her though. She didn't have a radio, so I hung my transistor radio around the rear view mirror just so we could hear some semblance of music! She had a vent that you had to pull firmly shut under the front dashboard(if you could call it that!) to keep the wind from coming in( which I didn't find out about until after winter was over!), and the funniest one was that in order for the windshield wipers to work, you had to let off of the gas!
Since Mount Dora was so small, and the speeds weren't fast, this didn't cause much of a problem, because it hardly ever rained, but when it did going to school, was hilarious, because I would drive a little ways, and let off of the gas, and let the wipers go crazy, and then drive a little ways and let off of the gas and let them go again!
Certainly not very efficient, but how I loved that car!
I tried to do all of this in my own power, but they just wouldn't go! They needed me to let off, and let go!
God wants us to do the same thing with our lives. When we come to that point in our life, when we realize that we can't do anything on our own power, if we will let off our own steam, and give it all to the power of God, we will see how very far we do go!
....and we won't need a transistor or vent to make it either, because we will have the glorious voice of God with us and all His warmth!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home