Thursday, January 13, 2011

SOLID ROCK FOUNDATION

I've told you about Robert and Del, in my high school class, but let me mention how Jeannie and Linda have touched my heart since David died. Jeannie is always going out of her way to think of me with something special, and she will send it at just the right time! It was no surprise for me to unwrap a package from her that made a "baah baahing" sound, to find a precious wool sheep from Australia.
(She knew I loved my sheepies!)
Then at Christmas, she sent me the most beautiful black purse, with delightful "doodads" all over it.
Such a reminder of a caring friend!
Linda will often call and write letters to lift me up and she also sent a book at Christmas, containing messages that her sister had written dealing with loss. She knew that I would remember her sister, Mary, and that it would mean a lot.
Jeannie's Mother and Father, as well as Linda's Mother and Father, were all part of my growing up in Mount Dora. I knew Del and Robert's parents, as well as Jeannie's and Linda's, and in a small town, everyone knows each other's parents, and you find that the caring grows and extends out to the children as well....
When you base your lives on the foundation of a God centered family, it will inevitably show up in the lives of the children, in the years to come.
I haven't even mentioned Patty or Tara either, but I won't go there right just yet.......
It was just a good solid foundation all around, and I thank my God for these very special friends from childhood!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home