Friday, January 14, 2011

WAX MYRTLE

This was written at Christmas, so bear with me, please!
I watched a small miracle take place tonight! I watched David's best friend, Allen, step into his shoes and pick up right where my sweetheart would have left off! Allen and Theresa drove out to Kay and Henry's farm house to pick me up, so I wouldn't have to drive on the icy roads. We drove back to George and Melissa's house for supper with the kids, and when he walked in, he scooped them up in his arms, just like David always did, and it did my heart so much good. Their arms were laden with gifts for the kids, and it was just as if "Cap'n Dave" was right there! He and George had there cigar smokes, like always, and then we watched a six minute video of Melissa's son interviewing his Grandfather, "Cap'n Dave", and asking him seven questions on what it was like growing up during the depression!
That was the most touching video for me to watch, folks, and something I will always treasure...... I watched Allen's facial features, and his face just lit up watching his friend. There's a lot of truth that true friends take on the characteristics of their friends....
Allen and David were like Mutt and Jeff, and the grands will now be able to see Cap'n Allen at Christmas!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home