Sunday, January 30, 2011

GRANDDADDY

I was just given the most incredible family morsel from brother Jeff, and if I didn't know that God was in control, it would have blown me away!
I think you may remember when I told you that my Grandfather, ran off from my Grandmother for a period of eight years for another woman, and when he came back, she forgave him and took him back. Well, it seems there was more to this story than I knew, because I wasn't born then when it happened!
Jeff asked me if I knew why my Mother left the Baptist church?
I said I never knew we were in the Baptist church, but that I always understood that we were members of the Methodist church.
He said my Grandfather was the Baptist preacher in Mount Dora, and Grandmother played the piano. Granddaddy ran off with the choir director and stayed away with her in California, for those eight years or more!
Mother was so upset that she moved us to the Methodist church!
And now you (and me) know the rest of the story!
and in everything give thanks!
......And God knew this before hand and worked all things for His good,
and gave to me a Grandmother who created an atmosphere of love for the Lord, like none I have ever known!
All in a tiny trailer in Riley's Trailer Park, and knowing that this little girl would grow up and meet a man who didn't really know God, and that she would marry him because she loved him, but that she would remember the words in her Grandmother's trailer about God's promises, because they were built on words that can never fail!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home