Saturday, July 26, 2008

CONTENTMENT!

Since my brain hemorrage,I tend to rely on things that are familiar to me.I keep things in the same place;I line things up;I really like them in order.
It really helps me.Sometimes,however,this can be a bad thing,or atleast not to our best advantage. For instance,if we take apart the 23rd Psalm....and disect it.There's so much more to it, than just words! how many times have we read the 23rd Psalm? Most of us know it by heart, but do we truly understand it? Do we really understand what David is telling us? When I looked at it today, after going through Vertigo,I truly inderstood that this Shepherd of mine was the comforter of the weak, and would restore my soul.He and only He, can teach me to be still and hear His voice.When I am in dangerous territory,He will use whatever it takes, as in His staff,to rescue me! I don't need to fear anything,folks.....
Not the election;not the way the world is going right now;not cancer;not anything!
Because my God has got it covered!
From the first verse,where David says that,"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want,"
to the very last verse, where he says....."and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.".....I'm His, and He's got me covered!
I don't know about you, but I think that's what contentment is all about!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home