Saturday, July 26, 2008

MAR-MARTHA-MARY-BECKY

There I was,5,or so years old, with Grandmother Bouterse, staying in her trailer, taking in all kinds of scripture;Bible stories, and just loving Jesus in everything I did! So much so, that I hinestly never knew that there could be a life without Jesus,as a little girl.....
Sure,I did things I wasn't suppose to, and I got in trouble for it too!
I also knew that if I ever got in serious trouble, that I could always call on God too.......and I did!
When I was young,I was in my "Mary" time of life!
Probably when I went off to college and then into my married life, did I go into my "Martha" time of life.
This was a time when God allowed me to go away,on my own,and become "Martha" for quite awhile.I did the casserole thing;projects;meetings;all the deadlines,that seemed so important back then, and alot of "things" suffered.
I was doing so much with for everybody, when one day,God had to hit me over the head with a two by four. It was when He called our son,David home. Then I stopped, dead in my tracks!
The next year, I suffered a cerebral brain hemorrage, and lay in a coma for almost 2 months.(That was a slow down time, believe me!)I was still Martha though!
Mary arrives again!
In 2003,we moved to Beaufort, and it was while I was here, that I drove back to Aiken, one weekend, and sat through "The Passion Of The Christ", by myself.....
My heart couldn't stand it,seeing what my Lord went through, as I saw Him portrayed, on that cross. I felt as if my God were tapping me on the shoulder and saying:"Becky,it's time to come home.....and be a Mary.......for good!"
Mary!Martha!Mary!Becky!
I like those names.......
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home