Friday, July 18, 2008

REAL THRILL

When I got an upset stomach as a little girl, and was at my grandmothers trailer,her number one remedy was either "Vernor's Ginger Ale",or Horehound candy. Being the good Dutch lady that she was,I assumed that they were good Dutch remedies!
I'm not sure that they were Dutch, but even today,I still swear by using Vernor's Ginger Ale for colds and upset stomaches. Vernor's was the only kind to use, because it had a sparkling fizz to it! I think it was the ginger in it!
There's something about those old home remedies that do the trick,ya know?
I would munch on a soda cracker and Vernor's Ginger Ale, over crushed ice.(We wrapped the cubes up in a wash cloth and hammered away on it, with an ice mallet to crush it, back then!) This was a sure-fired remedy, that never failed.....and still works to this day!
Jesus had one of these remedies too...
It was a remedy for sin!......Sin,that kept us from being with Him in Heaven.
And we don't have to purchase the remedy either!
He's already purchased it for us, with His own life!
It doesn't tickle your nose, but it can put a real thrill in your heart!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home