Saturday, August 04, 2007

CAMPING



I have to chuckle, when I tell people I am going camping.
Immediately,they think of tents. At my age,I think of a cabin and a bathroom! They think of hot dogs, and Theresa and I think of fixing gourmet meals.....
We love to do our trout fishing and walking, but nothing pleases us more, than to fix a special meal for our fellas, especially when they weren't expecting it!
I'm at the age where amenities are more appreciated now.....
A shower;a potty; a stove.....an actual stove can come in handy when a storm comes up too!Why, even a bed can feel mighty good in "them thar hills"!!!
Our idea of camping in Cherokee, is now this delightful little cabin at the top of this mountain, at Indian Creek Campground.It has a porch,of sorts;2 single beds;no phone;a fridge; and a stove....and yes, a potty!
I can handle that, at my age!I couldn't retrieve my radio station, but then nobody could get any reception, that far up in the hills, so I spent my nights with Fernando Ortega, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's,"Love Spoken Here".
God has been so gracious to me to give me these little respites up here in the mountains, with my friends, and my sweetie.
He is so gracious,all the time,no matter what......Isn't He?
He likes to go on camping trips too!
Becky
























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home