Thursday, August 31, 2006

OH CHRISTMAS TREE

This is a Christmas is September journey!
Every year, at Christmas time, my brother, Michael,would "haul" me and my brother,Chris, in our old Ford pick- up- truck, and we would drive to the scrub in the Ocala National Forest in search of our "perfect" Christmas Tree. Upon returning home, we would wet the tree down, and then place it in this big , thick block of wood, shaped like a "plus sign", that my grandaddy had creatively carved. He placed a big cut out pocket in the middle of the plus sign, where the tree stem would rest, and I mean to tell you that thing was immoveable!.....
But..............it also got no water for the entire Christmas season, that I remember, and little by little the pine needles would begin to fall by the wayside, and the tree would brown and die.
We always had to time it just right when we got our tree.....(None of this 3 weeks ahead of time for us!)
The same way is true for our walk as Christians.....
If we're planted strongly in God's word, and immoveable, we still need to be watered daily by His word, so we don't fall by the wayside, and wither and die!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home