Sunday, January 02, 2011

THE REAL CHRISTMAS

I'm going to write this for my journey tomorrow, because I haven't had time to write anything about my Christmas, since I returned from Aiken.....
This was a different Christmas for me this year, but let me tell you about this faithful God of mine and how He has helped me heal, through the ministry of Mike Kellogg.(That's right, Rick!) While staying at Kay's house, all her family gathered together for Christmas night, and "I'll be Home For Christmas" began playing on the radio. I had to leave the room, it hit me so hard! I went back to my bedroom and got into scripture for my strength. I had the radio on" December Live," and Mike Kellogg came on with a reading of "The Real Christmas", that spoke to my heart like nothing else ever has!
I have to tell you that since David died, I have found it very hard to let go and cry. There have always been little ones around that get upset if "Grammy B" weeps, and even my own children are upset if I break down, so I just keep that stiff upper lip, and move on for everyone's sakes!
Mind you, I don't want to cry all the time, but if I wanted to, I couldn't, so when Mike Kellogg told this story, he unleashed my tears!
Seems there was a lady who had been married to a man for 60 years, and he was dying with Alzheimer's. He didn't recognize his wife or anyone. On this particular day, he suddenly said "What about the cattle?" She moved closer to him, and said" What cattle? To which he replied. "The cattle are lowing". She was thoroughly confused, but she had always been honest with him, so she moved closer to him, and said "what about them lowing?"
He sat straight up in the bed, and said" Oh no, the poor baby sleeps".....
It was then, that she realized that even though he couldn't remember her, or anyone else, he could remember somewhere in his mind that it was Christmas time, and time to sing Christmas carols. She placed her head on his chest and sang......"Away in a manger, no crib for a bed".....and he died!
This was the picture of me as I placed my hand on David's arm, and told him that it was okay and that I loved him,..... and he died!
What a blessing from God!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home