Saturday, January 08, 2011

THE ROPES COURSE

When I taught Physical Education in Aiken, we were required to go through the ropes course at Camp Gravatt. This was designed for us to get recertified in our field, but it also taught us to trust those with whom we were working. When I was correctly strapped and connected to the guide wires, and standing at ready on a platform 40 feet in the air, and my co workers instructed me to jump off, I had to trust that they knew what they were doing, and that those below would tighten the guide wires sufficiently enough to catch my fall!(This was all after I thought they must be joking!) There is a bond of trust that develops that is called faith in each other.....
My trust and faith in them keeping me from falling, was like the "substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen".
I trusted their hold of those guide wires to secure its hold of me too!
It's the same way on our walk with our Christian faith.
Sometimes we have to just hold on and trust this God we cannot see. He is, after all, the substance of things hoped for, and is definitely, the evidence of things not seen. Because we know God's character so well, we know without a doubt, that He will NOT let us fall. He will uphold us with His righteous right hand!
He is our portion; our very present help in time of trouble and He will be right there with outstretched arms when we call out to Him, and believe me when I was jumping off that platform at 40 feet up in the air, I was calling out to Him!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home