Sunday, January 09, 2011

FAMILY PORTRAIT

We tend to hold on to those memories of our parents that we want to, and we disregard those that are too painful or unpleasant for us to remember. We dwell on those that we think are a blessing in our lives, and that's good, because it gives us a picture of how God takes those many unpleasant situations and can work them together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.
My Daddy never could understand why I couldn't take a column of figures and immediately add them up to a correct total, like he could.
I could have told him, that math wasn't my calling.
Daddy and I had nothing in common with math!
However, when we began drawing together, that was a different story!
Daddy saw my possibilities, and began to teach me all he knew, and I took in everything he had to give me, at an early age!
My attitude for both attributes was one of thanksgiving though. I became aware that my talents did not lie in either figures or numbers, but in drawing, and writing. I was thankful that Daddy made me aware of this, as unpleasant as those math episodes were.
God chose to take that unpleasant situation, and work it together for my good, so I could see where my talents really were. I had to really work on the math area (and still do!) and cultivate the drawing talent.
God gives us all the aspects of our personality, so that we can nurture some and improve others.
Daddy taught me so much while he was still alive, and he was just my earthly Father!
God knew me before I was ever conceived and teaches me now even after He died and was raised from the dead!
How about that for a Father?!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home