Sunday, June 20, 2010

HE HOLY

When I think of going into battle, I think of gearing myself up with battle armor, and being equipped to fight off the enemy, but I don't often think of going into mental battle too, and that's a shame!
However, Christ refers to this one particular thing many times in scripture, when He tells us to "prepare our minds" for certain things. It is so important for us to protect our minds, that he even tells us to put on the Helmet of Salvation as part of our armor!If I'm to face my adversary, my mind needs to focus on Jesus Christ!
Scripture tells me that I'm to be sober in spirit, while fixing my hope completely on the grace to be brought to me by the revelation of Jesus Christ! His word tells me to be Holy, because He is Holy, and that in itself is good enough for me! That kind of mental armor will give my brain a clear; concise and pure way of thinking that can soundly defeat the enemy. Not because I'm doing it, but because the One who is Holy has prepared my mind for battle!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home