Thursday, June 17, 2010

HOPE

After David junior died, I was fortunate enough to hear Barbara Johnson talk at a" Women to Women Conference". It touched my heart so much, because she had gone through so much herself, with the death of two sons and one turning to a gay life style. In her message, she chose a phrase that has forever been instilled in my heart, and seems to make sense to those who have given a child back to God, and even to those who have lost a very dear member of their family.
She chose to say that God trusted me enough with my faith, to give me this hurt in my life, knowing that I would hold on to Him and cling to Him, and not give into despair over the loss. He knew I would realize the faith I had in Him, and that knowing this, would bring about hope, and that wouldn't disappoint!
Words I have never forgotten, but then God has a way of giving people the right words to say, now, doesn't He?
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home