Thursday, November 06, 2008

THE BRIDGE

When I arrived at UAB,I found that I had to walk on a crossover type bridge to get to the north portion of the hospital,in order to reach the Heart and Vascular Center. This was the area where David was recovering from his procedure. The only problem,was when Susan dropped me off,the doors to the entrance of that side of the street were closed off behind me, and I couldn't get back that way! I was suppose to meet her at this same place too..... I tried to figure my way around the hospital,to where she could pick me up where she dropped me off,but the doors had been closed! I ended up going back over the crosswalk and downstairs to the outside, but then I was on the wrong side of the street! Have you ever seen a 61 year old woman do a 50 yard dash across 4 lanes of Birmingham traffic,during rush hour? It's a sight for Rowan & Martin's,"Laugh In" folk's.......I made it,though,because I was not getting left behind!
When we sinned against God, we created a huge chasm between ourselves and God. When Jesus Christ died on that cross,He created a bridge that enabled us to cross over and come to God. We were now able to spend Eternity with Him! For some who wait too long to cross that bridge to God,they may one day find His door permanently closed too!
At UAB,I had to go through 3 crossover bridges to finally get to David!
In Heaven,I only have to go through 1 bridge,and that's Jesus Christ,to get to God!
Woo Hoo!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home