Monday, October 13, 2008

MY BLESSED ASSURANCE

When Blessed Assurance came on the radio today,at 6am,I immediately started singing the verses to myself.The only trouble was,that I always sang the first and last verses when I stayed with Grandmother, and we went to her Commuinity Center on Wednesday nights.I'm singing the "watching and waiting, and looking above" verse, while the radio,is singing the verse before it! It just dawned on me,that Grandmother's Community Center sang all those songs that way. Because we sang so many songs on Wednesday nights, we only sang certain verses over and over....This is why I only memorized certain verses to certain songs.Isn't that funny?
That was probably some 50 years ago, or more.....but in reality,it was probably many more years, because I started out over there at a very young age.Those songs are such a part of me, and my story. God uses everything to make us who we are,doesn't He?....Woo Hoo!
He is my Blessed Assurance!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home