Friday, October 10, 2008

WEED KILLER!

As I drove back into Beaufort,from Aiken today,I noticed all the Kudzu along the side of the road.It had molded itself all over the trees;telephone poles;road signs, and just about anything else it felt it could take over! On the outside,it gave the appearance of being almost tranquil and smooth, but underneath,I knew it was a tangled mess that choked everything in its path! If I hadn't known any better,I would have said I was describing the way sin looks when it tries to take over our lives. It can often look appealing and tranquil on the outside, but if we let it get to us,on the inside,and stay there, it will choke us out!
Nothing can kill Kudzu either.....
There is something that can kill sin though!
As believers, we have the antidote for this powerful thing called sin.
Jesus Christ killed our sins when He gave His life for us on that cross!
He will kill it everytime.
He even tells us: "therefore if any man is in Christ Jesus he is a new creature;the old things have passed away;Behold the new things have come."
I guess,if your filled with that 'ole sinful Kudzu in your life,when you become a new creature in Christ,you can pretty much expect that 'ole stuff to die right off the vine, and you'll see yourself really bloom!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home