Friday, November 28, 2008

BLANKET OF LOVE

(Thank you Beth,for reminding me of this!)

When I was a little girl, and I didn't feel good, Mama would wrap me up in the covers,with some Vicks Vapo Rub,or some Mentholatum.Oh,how I loved this! She would give me some Vernor's Ginger Ale(Only Vernor's would do too!)over crushed ice, if I had an upset stomach, along with some of Grandmother's Horehounds!I think it was the comfort of the blanket,and its calming and sheltering care of me,that I loved the most.I found a sustaining refuge and strength in it.
Today,my refuge and strength,is covering myself with my blanket of the Psalms! I will pull up the 107th Psalm,and cover myself, with gratitude for God, and how He always saves me, when I am in distress! Sometimes,I will cover myself in Psalm 121, when I need to remind myself that God is still in control and will not allow me to stumble! Then, when I want to hide away under the covers of all His precepts and laws,I will cover myself,with Psalm 19......How I love His statutes!They are healing to my bones!
I think, though, if I want to really be covered,I will pull up the blanket of Psalm 23.....the one we all know, because it says, in a nutshell, what I desire for comfort,in the first and last verse!Under this blanket,I know that the Lord,is indeed, my Shepherd, and I shall not want (for anything)and because of this,goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life.....but the best part is, that I will dwell in the House Of The Lord Forever! I mean, where I will really enjoy the rest of Eternity,folks!....Woo Hoo!
I may still enjoy my Vernor's Ginger Ale!
I may still enjoy Grandmother's Horehounds!
I may still even remember that Vicks Vapo Rub under that blanket!
But.....
You better believe I will never forget God's blanket of love that covers me!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home