Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

I would always get up, and quickly help Mother set the table,excitedly putting the placecards on the table,right where they belonged.....
Mama;Daddy:Betty Ann:Jeff:Michael;Chris;Grandmother & Grandaddy Bouterse and Grandmother & Grandaddy Ray.....and me!
I would then plop myself down infront of one of the very first TV's in Mount Dora, and watch the Macy's Day parade! The parade was part of what made Thanksgiving for me! Grandmother Ray would arrive with her Date Nut Pudding,and oh was it ever delicious(My children don't like it though) The grandparents arrived just before dinner, and we sat around the big oak parquet table that Daddy built, and we gave thanks for all of God's bounty.
We had alot to be thankful for,back then in the 50's, when life was easier, and filled with such good times! It was football in the afternoon and turkey sandwhiches that night!
Today, my grandparents are in Heaven.My parents are there too.My sister,Betty Ann is there,along with my son.My brother Jeff is a lawyer in Mount Dora, and Chris is a lawyer in Sanford,Florida and Michael works in Crestview,Florida.
Yes, those were easier times......Times, when you didn't have to lock your doors, and other parents could pick you up from school, without permission!
Times when a turkey; dressing; asparagus casserole; sweet potatoe casserole;and Date Nut Pudding topped off the Macy's Day Parade, and it all meant a pretty good Thanksgiving!
A time, when we recalled the words written in Psalm 106:1 "Praise to the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good! For His mercies endure forever."
Yes! I will say I have indeed been blessed folks!
I hope you have too!
A Most Grateful season of thanks to our Father for providing this for us!
Happy Turkey Day!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home