Friday, November 21, 2008

THIS HAS BEEN HARD, BUT CHRIST STILL WINS!

This has been a hard day for me today.Not so much physically,but mentally.I've not been around alot of folks going through chemo before, so I'm going through this "cold turkey." My God is gonna really have to hold me up too! He has provided me with folks, along the way, who have encouraged me.....Like the woman who stopped for a brief moment to ask directions, and after talking for a few minutes, I found her to be such an encouragement to me.In fact, we encouraged each other quite a bit!
My God always does these things for me,.... even with encouraging words at Curves! I saw a girl at lunch, whose hair was shaven,with staples on her head.She was talking about coming out of her coma, and being so excited about it! Well,I started tearing up,folks, because, as I watched her, it was just as if I was looking at myself 12 years ago, this Thanksgiving,coming out of my own 2 month coma, with my head shaved! I had to get up and go over and speak to her,telling her what a blessing she was to me,just being there!...... I told her, that by her mere presence,I knew she was a miracle girl, and would have her own "God Story" to tell one day.It was as if I was seeing myself, all over again, and the faithfulness of God, to bring me through that time. I have indeed come a long way, and I told the girl, that she would too, and to not get discouraged when her healing wasn't fast enough.
My God always takes care of me,so I am trusting in Him to take care of my sweetie ,especially when I don't always know the right thing to do.I'm not sure why so many people have been so kind to me, except that God must have put it on their hearts.
Even the waitresses, and nurses have been so helpful! He does indeed know my name and everything about me,so I'm pretty sure He knows the desires of this 'ole girl's heart too!Yes,it's been hard,but Christ does indeed win in the end, and I plan to be around, when He does!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home