Thursday, July 17, 2008

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL

Oh boy, did I get transported back in my mind tonight......To a time when I would go with Grandmother and Grandaddy Bouterse to the Community Center at Riley's Trailer Park on Wednesday nights!
Matt had us singing all the old hymns tonight and they were all the old ones I remembered singing as a child, with Grandmother.I grew up a Methodist, but she was Baptist, so all my songs were from the Baptist hymnal.....
I think I had all the verses of "Onward Christian Soldier,and The Old Rugged Cross" memorized!
The one that really grabbed me, though,that I had totally forgotten about, was called:" Something Beautiful." I can almost see Grandmother nodding her head, and saying,"He understood,all I had was broken,Becky,but He made something beautiful of my life!"
And He surely did! (I can still cry over this one,folks!)
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home