Thursday, August 16, 2007

MY SWEET

Today,I give you a copy of a birthday letter, written to me, from my Grandmother,on my 14th birthday.It is on the inside cover of my Bible, and is very dear to me.......

"My sweet.....this is a birthday letter that I am writing to you for your 14th birthday. I would like for you to keep this always so you can have it to show to your children and grandchildren.I love you,Becky, in so many ways.The sweet trusting little prayers that you have prayed at night and at mealtime in our humble little trailer which meant more to me than you will ever know. How you read the Bible stories of Him who said,"I go to prepare a place for you that where I am; there ye may be also.In my Father's house are many mansions.If it were not so I would have told you." These are great promises and I know you believe them and that you will always keep these things in your heart. When temptations,sorrows,disappointments,failures,happiness comes, that you will think on these things and always have this simple faith in Him who has never lost a battle, but is ready at all times to hear us when we come to Him.May God bless and keep you always."
Love and prayers,
Grandmother
"I will uphold thee with the right
hand of my righteousness."

***Now you understand why I loved this lady so very much!
Becky























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home