Sunday, May 01, 2005

STOP,LOOK,& LISTEN!



Sometimes,I have to make myself, just stop, and take a day off.........
both in what I'm doing, and in what I am thinking. I can always have way too much going on, but sometimes, my mind gets sooooo busy with thoughts, that I can't even hear the most important voice of all.......
That of my Heavenly Father. He just can't compete with all the racket going on around me, and He shouldn't have too,either. I have to remind myself to go and look for a place where I can be quiet, and just listen......
When I least expect Him,He always manages to pop up! Just like, when God told Elijah to meet Him on the mountain, but even though there was a windstorm, an earthquake, and a fire, God was not in any of those. No, He wasn't in any of those "loud" noises...........He came to Elijah in a "gentle whisper".........
Now, I don't particularly want to go to a mountain, to meet God, but I won't know if that's where He wants to meet me,either, if it's so noisy,that I can't hear Him when He speaks to me.....
Besides, I like this time, anyway.
Just me, and my Lord..................so nice!
Becky,
February,2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home