Thursday, March 24, 2011

A GIFT

I've been asked what my most memorable experience was on the trip to Israel, and it would be hard for me to explain, to where most folks would understand.
I have witnessed some pretty remarkable things and I will never be the same again. I have seen the actual face on the rock, that looks like the place of the skull. I have met a holocaust survivor at the holocaust museum and was humbled. I have had communion in the Garden of Gethsemane, and seen the Dead Sea Scrolls, along with the tomb of our Savior, but what touched me the most, was when Chip; John; Austin, and Gary, had a devotional in the early mornings where scripture was read, and a face was put on where we were going that day, and then after our tour, Carl read scripture again, to tie it all together! One such time, we had communion in the garden, and I was moved to tears! When you read scripture it comes alive like never before, when you actually walk where you are reading about!
To think we were in a boat on the Sea of Galilee, where the storm arose so fiercely and almost capsized the boat that Jesus was in, and Peter had to awake him to rebuke the waves, and He told him, "Didn't I tell you we would go to the other side?".......Oh how wonderful to be on that same water!
By nature, I am a person who likes mental pictures! I can see a picture when I hear a description, so hearing God's word and seeing where it took place will leave a lasting impression in this ole gal's mind forever!
God's word is sharper than any two edged sword, which must mean it's right to the point and very descriptive!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home