Sunday, November 09, 2008

WHICH WAY?

These are some thoughts I want to share......


As you get on up in years,I have noticed that when I am in new places I sometimes find myself not sure about directions.I found that to be a fact, when I was in Gatlinburg, and trying to find my way back to the motel! Now it's funny.....then it wasn't! I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the motel was, and to make matter's worse, when I went to ask directions,I experienced one of my "duh" moments, and couldn't think of the name of the motel!(Another "Rowen & Martin" moment, coming up)
I walked up to the store I had been in, and told the clerk NOT to get excited, but that I couldn't think of the name of my motel, and could she give me the names of several.....Well, she said "we can call the Police for you"..... I never hollered "NO" so fast and so loud in all my life,folks!!! Mind you,I am laughing like crazy,by now, and I am totally embarassed too, but still a little alarmed, becuse the group has gone and nothing looks familiar to me!I don't like this feeling, and the girl keeps assuring me that they call the police all the time...........Well, not for Becky they don't!!!
I told her, that it had the word "stone" in it and she asked if it was near "The Aquarium", and then it all came back.....Woo Hoo!
So,I started walking, but had no idea which way! I finally called Sandy, and got directions.
I know that I'm not the first, or the last person,that will happen to,but maybe these will be some helpful hints for others!To take a business card from the motel, before you leave;a map of the city;a phone number of friends and motel, and program them into your phone.......
The young can go into new environments and not have it bother them, because they don't have as much "stuff" in their brain as we do.
I've collected so much garbage in my brain,over the years,it's a wonder I haven't gotten lost sooner!
It wasn't a fun experience,but I learned something, and hopefully this will help others to take precautions too!
Atleast,I can't lose my Lord, and He can't lose me either!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home