Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WHY DO I?

Why do I trust in this God to care for me the way He does? What makes me so sure He will take care of me? This God of mine answered a prayer of mine,some 41 years ago,in such a specific way, that I have never,ever forgotten it! It was a very silly,juvenile sort of prayer. The prayer of a broken hearted, high school senior, but God knew my heart, and knew it mattered to me, so He took that broken heart and answered that prayer in only the way God Almighty could have! You will see why I trust Him implicitly.....Here's my story why.

My high school senior year, brought about my hoping beyond all hope, to be on the homecoming court, and when I wasn't,I was absolutely crushed! Three of my dear friends were, including my best friend.....but not me! My heart was broken, beyond repair. I remember driving to Mother's knit shop, and telling her not to come home for awhile,l because I needed to be by myself for a bit.
When I got home,I flung myself across my bed and cried my eyes out.I told God that the only way I could ever feel like it was gonna be alright again, was if Bill Bolt asked me to homecoming that Friday night. Now, you have to understand, that Bill Bolt and I had broken up the year before, and he had graduated and gone on to Auburn, so there was no chance of that ever happening.I hadn't seen him in a year, but I still had feelings for him.
The next morning, as I arrived at my English class, his sister,Jackie met me at the door, with a note.It said: "I am home from Auburn. Would you like to go to homecoming with me this Friday night?" How much more specific could the God of the Universe get, to answer my prayer? It was a silly, ridiculous prayer ,I know, and yet, He knew it meant so much to the heart of a 16 year old child of His, that He lovingly answered it, in a way I have never, ever forgotten!
If the God of All Creation, could answer that juvenile prayer for me,some 41 years ago, I knew without a doubt I could trust Him with anything!
I could trust Him with my Son going Home way too early for me.....
For my having a brain hemorrage, and not knowing why.....
I could trust Him for a variety of reasons, because I don't need to know why! I just know "who", and that's all that matters. This God who stooped low enough to answer a 16 year old's prayer, also stood tall enough in that same girl's eyes, because in standing tall, she could see that He was indeed the One and Only Sovereign God, that her Grandmother had told her about,all those years ago....
And as Paul Harvey would say:"...and now you know the rest of the story!"
Becky




















\
\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home