Thursday, July 03, 2008

SEARCH & RESCUE

When I was a little girl,Daddy constructed a concrete swimming area in our back yard.It was in the shape of a kidney bean, and was maybe 3' deep in the deep end.....(That's talkin' deep,folks!)
Later on, this area was turned into a goldfish pond, where I raised goldfish to sell to the local dimestores.(Remember dimestores?) One morning, as I was attempting to clean the shallow"er" end of its gunk,with glass milk bottles(yep,you read that right!), I slipped on the algae in the pond, and when I did,I dropped one of the milk bottles, and fell on it.My left foot split open on the toe bone, and..... "ohhhhh ....pain"! I remember screaming for help, and my Daddy running out to help me.He lifted me into his arms and took me into the house, where I was bandaged up.
Back in my those days, we didn't get stitches for those kinds of things, and to this day, I am paying the price for what I did! I will still jump, when that toe bone is hit in the wrong way, as a result of that cut!
I'm reminded, though, that when we call out to our Heavenly Father,He drops everything and runs to rescue us with His Eternally sound word. We may have some scars from the foolish things we do, but He is quick to take us back, and lead us onward, and I kinda like that.
I'm also glad that milk comes in cartons now,too!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home