Thursday, November 22, 2007

GOD DOES TOO!



Listening to David Jeremiah on the radio, this morning, talking about rudeness, and the common courtesy of kindness, reminded me of how thankfu, I was, growing up in the family God gave me!
I'm sure it wasn't the ideal family, but it surely seemed that way to me........ My sister was 13 years older than I,and I cherished her dearly....
I had three older brothers, whom I loved too!
Being the baby of five, was special to me.
I grew up being taught all those special courtesies, and extended them to everyone I met.
The door was always held open, and there was always a "yes mam",and "no thank you"......always!
Gentlemen always removed their caps,or hats when coming inside a room,(or in a restaurant), and you always looked someone in the eyes when you spoke to them......I guess I grew up being a big etiquette buff, and manners mean alot to this 'ole Mom. It is hard for me, when I don't see manners showing up in the young people anymore.
I am thankful that I have the Holy Spirit within me,to remind me of God's kindness and courtesies, that He bestows upon us daily.
I know I will respond alot quicker to a smile, than to a frown....
I imagine God will too!
Becky













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home