Sunday, August 13, 2006

YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE......LORD


Debbie Bone sang a song, several years ago, that I really liked, entitled,"You Light Up My Life".It reminded me of this......
You light up my mind,Lord..... I'm overwhelmed today.Lord.....I need You and Your word tells me me, that when I feel this way, I can pour out my heart to You, giving You all my anxiety....(and I'm pretty anxious right now), and You will give me refuge.
Oh,I like that,Lord.....a safe and secure place.
I can trust in You at all times and You will hear me. I like that too,Lord.
You light up my heart,Lord, loving me in Your word.
How You tell us, that You are our refuge and strength,"a very present help in trouble ."
That means everything to me in my life,Lord. You are there for me, just when I need You.
Because, I have Your truth in the word illumined in my heart and mind!
In doing all this, Your "Light" makes me want to do Your will in all things. It's kinda like taking one candle and lighting lots of other candles from just that one. You just want to, and the glow you receive is phenomenol! This is the fellowship of believers!
We were even encouraged not to forsake assembling together, as this was important to our Lord. He wanted our "Light" to really shine.....
I think it's really cool that our radio station here in Beaufort, is called "The Light". It does "light" up the airwaves, daily, with its praise of our Savior, with its music and worship! (Thanks,Rick!)
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home