Thursday, July 26, 2012

FINDING THE PAST

As I helped Kelly unpack some boxes in her new home, I heard a  sound from inside of one of the
boxes and asked Kelly what was making that noise. She said it was just an old tin
can. I knew immediately that it was my grandmother's old tin button can that I had misplaced some
fifty years ago, and now I had found it! I recognized it just by the sound coming from the buttons'
inside the can! I broke down and shed a few tears on finding it, and Kelly was a little
 mystified as to why I would shed tears over a button box.....
She remarked that she wished she could find the old green chiffon formal dress I
had given her to play in when she was little. It was her favorite play dress and she had misplaced it too,somewhere along the line. The very next box she opened up, surprised her with her
green, chiffon dress! You would have thought she won a million dollars! She held the dress up and
danced around the room. Mother with her buttons and daughter with her dress, both shedding tears!
We were both remembering things from the past which painted a picture to me of
how Jesus wanted us to remember His word. He wanted us to know it when we heard
it and to seek it and we would find it!
And we did!
Becky









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home