Sunday, June 27, 2010

POWER OF THE BLOOD

I have just witnessed the miracle of answered prayer, as when the body of Christ comes together from all over and begins praying for you and you receive the power of that prayer!
As most of you know, I have been staying home to take care of David during this recent bout of chemo. It hasn't been a pretty, or an easy sight either. He has been weak and unable to eat much at all. Besides this breaking my heart, it has drained my strength. Almost everything I fix for him has been met by an unacceptable attitude. Yesterday, at noon, I finally went to my private fb site for my "Mom's Who Lost Children", and asked them to please pray hard for me. I was spent and worn to a frazzle. I told them, that I had so much to do, because company was coming in today, and I couldn't get David to eat, and I was hitting a brick wall! I needed their prayers for strength in a big way! Well, it wasn't too long before I could feel the "power in the blood"! Those prayers went up before the throne of Grace and God honored their obedience to pray!
The energy I had that afternoon was nothing short of a miracle and all due to God's energy!
I fixed a casserole! Made fried corn! Fixed a fruit compote! Set the table for Sunday! Made Spanish Flan! Washed; dried and folded two loads of clothes! Wrapped Theresa's birthday gift! Washed my car! Made cookies for David! Made custard for David! Made iced mint tea! Grocery shopped!
Gave David a back rub!
Today, I was worn out until I got to church, and then the music and the message renewed me again!
Isn't God faithful to hear the prayers of the saints and to always answer them? Those Mom's knew I needed to be lifted up for strength to make it through, and so they prayed. They did their part, and God is faithful to do His part!
Sometimes we don't remember to tell others when these types of prayers are answered, so that's why I chose to tell you this today. There are no situations that are too difficult for any of us, to NOT go to God in prayer, but when two or more are gathered in His name, there will He be also, and I like that even more!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home