Monday, June 02, 2008

GOD USES DONKEYS & CHILDREN


When I lived in Aiken, and my boys were much younger,and wanting to go down in the playroom and watch TV,I would often fuss at them when they would put it on something that was unacceptable for them to be watching.I would tell them that it was damaging to the insides of their bodies and they didn't need that trash inside them!
I will never forget the day God used my oldest son,David, to teach me that same lesson.....
I had just finished fussing at them for watching one of those unacceptable programs, that they shouldn't have been watching, and told them to turn the TV off! I had told them one thing, but they were doing another! David came upstairs and said to me:" Why is it so bad for us to be watching what we are watching, while you are up here watching Dallas?"
Ouch!
If you could have hit me with a feather, you wouldn't have knocked me over any harder!
I had told them not to put trash inside of them, and yet,here I was, putting trash inside of me, and David recognized it! Instead of using a Nathan to confront me, as He did King David,He used my very own son David! I got up;turned the TV off, and never turned that program on again!I realized that what I had been saying was one thing and what I was doing, was another! My heart spoke the words, but my actions didn't follow suit and scripture has something to say about that! God didn't use a donkey to stop me in my tracks,....no siree! He used my very wise and observant son!
We talked alot about that afterwards and about the things that fill our heart, and how they should be what means the most to us.
We parents like to teach our children a thing or two, but sometimes God will use our children to teach us things,instead!
Woo Hoo!
Becky






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home