Thursday, March 13, 2008

STUFF

When David and I moved to Beaufort in 2003, we had to leave behind all the "things" that a tri-level home collects after living in it for 28 years. We wanted a much simpler life, so we gave much of the "stuff" away.Alot of it was dear to me, but it was still "stuff". We couldn't take it with us! I especially hated to leave behind my grandmother's black cast iron skillet.....but I did!
I have a few "little things", but only a few, because if I let myself,I could get all wrapped up in collecting that "stuff" again!
All I have to do,is remind myself of how Jesus told His disciples.....and everyone for that matter,
to leave everything, and follow Him! He wants our loyalty, and the deeper in love we are with Him, the easier it is to give these things up. I mean, I have a "T" cup for hot chocolate, and a "T" cup for hot tea, and that's really all I need. I have a collection of over 50 cups, but I don't think I can drink 50 cups at once, now, can I?
We can't take any of this stuff ......(and that's what it is)........with us!
Our treasures are all laid up in Heaven!
Occasionally,though, when I'm frying Lambchops,I would like to have Grandmother's black cast iron skillet! :p)
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home