Monday, March 10, 2008

MOM'S & MY FATHER


When God called me to be a Mom, who had lost a child,He didn't give me a say so in the matter. He didn't ask me if "I thought" I could handle it,because I would have said,"No Way!"
He didn't give me a choice. Instead,He gave me a lifetime of trials that groomed me and built up my faith, to the point where I could love and trust my God so much, that when my son,David,did die in that car wreck in 1995, I was able to place it at the feet of the cross and leave it there!
I have spent the past 13 years with the full assurance, that my God prepared me for that moment in time.If He was okay with David going "Home" at the age of 20, then,I could be okay with it too! This kind of a relationship doesn't happen overnight,folks.....No,siree!
This relationship started with me, from before I was born, although I don't remember most of it, until I was about 5 years old.
A faithful Grandmother, who adored this same God, decided that I needed to know all about Him.(She also told my brother Michael about Him too!) God knew it was that important, even way back then! Some 61 years later,when I can't recall lots of unimportant trivia,I can always recall the love I have for this God who held me up, when my son went home.... (way too early for me.)
I may be a Mom who has lost a child, but this is one Mom who never intends to lose her Father.
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home