Friday, February 22, 2008

BE A VESSEL

As a little girl,I began collecting tea cups, and I still have them, with me today. I had a delicate little blue one,w ith a rose on it, that I used for my hot tea, while a dusty pale blue one with soft white leaves on it, are on the one,that I used for my hot cocoa! I used different ones for different things. Infact, for almost everything I serve,I will try to use a different container to serve from....
If I'm serving a fine Christmas dinner,I will use my best china and silver;If I'm on a picnic,I will probably use some paper, or plastic plates. I might pour tea from a Tupperware pitcher, or a silver tea pot, depending on what situation I'm using it for!
In truth, the Christian, is also suppose to be a vessel for God's word, and He will use all types of vessel's for all kinds of situations.....
Sometimes He will use us in the "elegant" times, but more often than not, He will use us in the "everyday" times.........He will definitely use us though,if we let Him!
He will fill you up, whether you are a Tupperware pitcher or a silver pitcher, and He will pour you out, if you will let Him!
I love being a vessel for my Lord, so when I get up in the morning,I try to make my vessel look as nice as it can be. This way He can use me, when He's ready! If it's a silver pitcher day;I polish her up! If it's a Tupperware pitcher day,I give her a shot of Windex!
Becky











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home