Sunday, February 17, 2008

ALL ABOUT TEACHING



Now this is what teaching school should be all about!
Many of you know that I went back to Aiken,this past week, for a teachers reunion/brunch.
What a treat! There were teachers that I hadn't seen since 1975.....Mary was in her 80's, and had been a 2nd grade teacher when I started out at Mead Hall.
We all convened at Hazel's house, as she had been the secretary for a good number of those years. Lots of hugs and fellowship started out our morning,last Valentine's Day, and it definitely was about loving each other! We caught up on all the latest news, and what everyuone had been doing in the past several years......Such love!
This was an Episcopal Church School, and we took the teaching of Christ's love quite seriously, in all of the classes. Physical Eductaion was important to me,but I usually found a way to incorporate God, or His principles, into my classes somehow! The other teachers did too!
I think that's why they were so special. They loved the Lord, and it showed.
Christ gave them a talent and they were using it to His Glory, and I like to think, that because of them, there are probably lots of little "believers by example" running around today.
That's what teaching is all about!
Becky











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home