Saturday, August 18, 2007

3BROTHERS & A SISTER



Grandmother Bouterse had 3 boys and a girl, and my Mama was the girl! Mama's baby brother, lived to be a retired Navy chaplain, whom I loved dearly, during the latter part of his life.He died last year at age 93. Her oldest brother, was a motor cycle cop, in Miami, who lost his legs when he was hit by a car during a routine traffic stop! He use to whittle on his artificial leg, to pass the time away.I dearly adored this uncle. I would mail him letters, with pictures of cars, that I had cut out from magazines and paste them onto a sheet of paper, so he would have something to look at when he whittled!He made me miniature glass figurines, and a wind chime. Now, the middle brother, was a caretaker on an island,off the coast of Homestead, and he was really cool! I learned to deep sea fish from him, and his wife taught me how to make those famous Cuban Sandwhiches, and Black Beans and Rice, because she was Cuban, by birth! He played the saxaphone, and when Grandmother found out he was playing in a small night club, on the side, she stopped sending him any extra spending money!She would have no part of that night club, because,to her, they were a "den of iniquity!"
When she did this, he stopped playing in the night club......
Because Grandmother stood her ground and what she believed, he realized that he was sacrificing his upbringing for other things.......
All three boys were grounded in the word of God, and knew right from wrong, because of a little lady, who loved her Lord, and His precepts so very much......
Now, my Mama's a different story, and I'm not tellin'!!!
(She was really a sweetie!) :p)
Becky
























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home