Friday, May 27, 2005

ZIP LINE



Boy howdee, do I ever remember the 1st time I ever did the ropes course, out at Camp Gravett! I know I was hooked up, and there wasn't any way I was going to fall to the ground from that 40' platform up in the tree, but you try telling this to a kid, who is mortified of heights!!! When the instructor asked me if I wanted him to give me a gentle "push" off, I nearly lost it! I had to trust the Zip Line, and his words, but it was tough for me! Basically, I had to just place my trust in what he was saying and the fact that he wouldn't let me get hurt! I just had to trust him, and do it!
(I did finally do it though!)
It's the same way, with God's word, folks!
We have been given God's word for our own good. It's when we don't listen to the directions, that we get hurt.
We have to just simply trust God's word.
It's that simple.
Why make something, so simple seem hard?
He's my Zip Line...all the time! (I'll stay off the 40' cliffs though!)
Becky,
March,2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home