Monday, March 31, 2008

WHO ARE YOU?


On my drive down to Mount Dora,I always stop in Jacksonville, and stay with LaVonne, a long time friend of mine. She and I taught school together, and back packed in Europe back in the early 1970's, so she is very dear to me.....
Right now,I am looking at her book cabinet, which reveals so much about who she is. There are books on Grant & Lee; there are the Willow figurines;books on the Mexican culture; silk arrangements; family pictures; an antique fan; a book on Alaska; an old family clock; a shelf dedicated to her love of teaching......So many delightful trips down memory lane as to who LaVonne is and what makes her the wonderful friend she is. In the same way, we, as God's children, need to have something about us, that reveals the character of who we are in the body of Christ.......
Don'tcha think?
Becky











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home