Friday, March 23, 2007

FANNIE FARMER



I was upstairs, cleaning out my closet, again, when I found something that brought tears to my eyes. It was my Mother's cookbook from Stetson University.......
The Fannie Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook.....1924 edition!
This one had some of her very own handwritten recipes tucked away in it too, which made it even more special! .................I almost wept from missing her too.
When you can't pick up the phone and communicate with the ones you love,it hurts!.
When I came back downstairs,I thought about how our Lord and Savior, closed the book on His life, when He hung on a cross for us.
When He gathered up all of humanities sins, and placed them on Himself,He briefly broke that loving fellowship with His Father.
His Father could know no sin....ever, ...........even from His own Son!
He did something for us, that we will never have to see again.
Aren't we glad He did though?
I don't get to talk to my Mama anymore, but one day I will , once again....
Better yet, though,I will see, and talk with, face to face, my Lord and Savior,Jesus!
That's a great recipe, for her cookbook!
Becky






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home